Monday, August 3, 2009

sometimes, bigger is better {portland family photographer}


(keep your glasses close or a certain son might steal them for a shot.)

There is a universal truth of family photography. Although men are normally a tougher bunch than women, they are more likely to complain about getting dirty during a photo session. Why, you ask? Who cares more about the resulting portraits? Yep. You guessed it. The women. We'll trudge through the mud for a good shot, but the men are normally quite hesitant. Maybe the key is that I am doing families. I bet that engagement shots are different. Unmarried men probably prove to be more cooperative. Interesting.

Now, the above comment isn't just about my favorite family, shot below. It is about every guy I have photographed, except ONE. This was my biggest family to shoot as of yet. Big in numbers. (7 kids + 2 adults) Big in size. Compared to little ole 5'4" me, they are giants. You know, size 16 shoes sort of big. It was a fun evening that ended in all of the kids dressing up according to hobby and occupation for a shot. The distraction in the photo below? Shilo, my kids surrogate dog. Why couldn't he play peek-a-boo over my shoulder or something to entertain all? Location? In their fabulous backyard. Green with envy. (you know, the righteous kind of envy!)

2 comments:

  1. I think everyone should have their family pictures taken in their back yard - we have boo instead of a dog.

    ReplyDelete